Balance and business – can they go together?
In this interview with entrepreneurs Valarie Trenholm and Katie Sewell of Upcycling Rosies in Victoria, BC they share how they manage to run a business alongside full-time employment and busy families.
Click on the video below to find out how they do it.
Here are the five takeaways from what they shared.
- Just do it. Instead of asking should I do it? Should I do it? Do your research, build a plan and make it happen. Even if you don’t feel ready.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. With your eyes wide open to what could happen, know that you will gain so much more from what you learn by actually doing it.
- If you do fail, realize that there is always a silver lining in the experience.
- Set boundaries with yourself. Create sacred time that you protect so that you maintain work-life balance.
- Ask for help. They shared that they ask each other and their spouses for support on a regular basis.